Friday, September 25, 2009

How many photos?

"How many photos do you take?" people ask me when I'm working.

"A lot," I usually say. "It's the secret of professional photography: Take a lot of pictures, and something is bound to turn out."

Well, maybe not. But I do shoot a lot of photos, perhaps a couple hundred at an assignment that only lasts an hour or two. And judging by the sounds of their cameras, some of my colleagues shoot even more.

Usually all the unused images languish in my archive, with me occasionally finding the need to go back and pull one. But, with the magic of laptop movie-making, they can also now be made into a movie. And it can be a darn good movie -- at least when the subject is our highly expressive Treasury secretary, Timothy Geithner (see "Yes, he can"), appearing before the House Financial Services Committee.

Geithner, the Movie from Jay Mallin on Vimeo.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Johnsons said...

Nice & informative article, I highly appreciate your efforts, we provide the best Corporate videography services in Texas, US.

January 6, 2021 at 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home